[hibernate-dev] Configuration default values inconsitencies

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Mar 30 10:40:54 EDT 2016

The code is wrong in
the GLOBALLY_QUOTED_IDENTIFIERS_SKIP_COLUMN_DEFINITIONS case; the java doc
is correct.  By default we should not be skipping columnDefinitions while
applying global-quoting to be sec compliant.

In the second case, its the opposite... the javadoc is wrong.
Keyword-quoting should be disabled by default.  Initially I had this
enabled by default, but it caused problems (I forget the details).  I just
forgot to update the javadocs when I switched.

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 9:01 AM Vlad Mihalcea <mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found an inconsistency in JavaDocs and code:
>
> 1. The GLOBALLY_QUOTED_IDENTIFIERS_SKIP_COLUMN_DEFINITIONS JavaDocs says
>
> "JPA states that column-definitions are subject to global quoting, so by
> default this setting is {@code false} for JPA compliance. Set to {@code
> true} to avoid column-definitions"
>
> While in the code we say the contrary:
>
> private boolean
> globalQuotingSkippedForColumnDefinitions(ConfigurationService cfgService) {
>     return cfgService.getSetting(
>
> AvailableSettings.GLOBALLY_QUOTED_IDENTIFIERS_SKIP_COLUMN_DEFINITIONS,
>         StandardConverters.BOOLEAN,
>         // default is true for JPA compliance - DO NOT CHANGE!
>         true
>     );
>   }
>

> Andrea Boriero thinks the Javadoc is correct, but the code is wrong

The code