[hibernate-dev] What's the identity of Hibernate OGM's "public API" module?

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 31 06:48:15 EDT 2016

So I think for the time being I'd be fine if WF didn't add anything
implicitly at all for OGM.

The reason being, that OGM is not (yet) part of WF, the user needs to put
in the modules from the ZIP themselves. So it seems acceptable to me to add
the dependencies to the required modules by hand (matching the slot of the
modules they unzipped).

Should WF do it automatically, some logic along these lines would be needed:

* If OGM is the persistence provider and there is only one set of OGM
modules available, add all the OGM modules actually present (e.g. the user
could have unzipped only core and one of the backends); Optionally, only
add those backend(s) actually in use as per the configuration
* If more than one set of OGM modules is available, require the user to
explicitly specify the slot

How about doing this once OGM actually is part of WF? Then one could
default to the provided version, requiring the override only if the user
wishes to use (and provides) another version.

--Gunnar