[hibernate-dev] StoredProcedureQuery holds on to the underlying CallableStatement

Vlad Mihalcea mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com
Mon May 16 08:41:48 EDT 2016

Hi,

I got this very interesting feature request on our forum:

https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1043273&p=2489575#p2489575

Looks like the StoredProcedureQuery holds on to the CallableStatement
object, which only gets closed when the LogicalConnectionManagedImpl object
is closed too (when the transaction is committed).

I guess we could provide a close() method so that users can decide if they
want to close the underlying CallableStatement right after the call is
executed.

What do you think? Should I add a New Feature issue on Jira?

Vlad