[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Inheritance mapping in Neo4j

Davide D'Alto davide at hibernate.org
Wed Nov 16 07:42:52 EST 2016

A user created the issue https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/OGM-1210

The problem is that when we use the SingleTable strategy in Neo4j  we
add a property DTYPE to the node to discriminate the entities instead
of using labels.

As an example, given an entity Player that extends Person we create:

(n:Person {DTYPE: Player})

instead of having a node with two labels:

(n:Person:Player)

I think the mapping with multiple labels is more natural than the one
we currently have.

I was wondering if we should fix this for the next release, the
problem is that I would need additional information in one of our
.spi.*Context and it will change the mapping.

The next release should be 5.1.Beta2

What do you think?

Thanks,
Davide