[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Neo4j integration dependencies

Yoann Rodiere yoann at hibernate.org
Wed Oct 19 05:44:51 EDT 2016

Is there any particular reason why we would not want to create three
artifacts, besides backward compatibility? It seems the obvious and ideal
solution, but I might be missing something.

If there is common code, we can always create a fourth -neo4j-core artifact
that would have no interest to users but would simply ensure we don't
duplicate code, and would be delivered through transitive dependencies.

About backward compatibility, I guess there are two options:

   - If the last released version of the artifact used to contain only the
   embedded mode, we can use maven relocation
   - Otherwise, we can advertise this artifact as deprecated, remove almost
   everything in it and add the relevant new artifacts as dependencies.

Or am I being too naive?

Yoann Rodière <yoann at hibernate.org>
Hibernate NoORM Team