[hibernate-dev] Javassist dependency conflict in the ORM modules for WildFly

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 08:59:09 EDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 4:49 AM, Gunnar Morling <gunnar at hibernate.org> wrote:
> Hi,

>> > Unless I am mistaken, Gunnar is suggesting that the Hibernate ORM module
>> > (the WF module) export Javassist.  Not the application.
>

> Right, Hibernate ORM's module should be the one exposing it, not the
> application nor JipiJapa.

JipiJapa has zero to do with this, we will create a pr later today to
remove the unneeded dependencies, which has nothing to do with this
conversation.

> I've done the following changes locally:
>
> 1) Altered JPADependencyProcessor to not add the Javassist dependency to the
> deployment
> 2) Altered module.xml of jipijapa-hibernate5 to not depend on Javassist

I did the same locally, which is an unused dependency.  I removed some
other unused dependencies other as well.  Gail and I will talk later
about removing these unused dependencies.

> 3) Added a new module for the latest Javassist
> 4) Altered module.xml of ORM itself to depend on that new module *and*
> re-export it
>
> With all this in place, the tests in Hibernate Search pass successfully.
>
> Scott, do you think we can try another PR with that? Again, it doesn't

https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/pull/8474 is still open, no need
for a new PR when we already have an open one, with one exception, as
I didn't actually remove the export of Javassist to the application
classpath.  I forget why.  I'll try that locally and run the WildFly
testsuite to see if there is a failure.