[hibernate-dev] Java 9 upgraded on CI : build b134

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Sep 5 16:08:51 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I just upgraded all of our CI servers to use build b134 of the preview
of Java 9, so you might see some regressions when the next builds
trigger (please don't ignore them!).

Also, I'm happy to see we were listed among the projects which
provided some useful feedback:
 - https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/quality/Quality+Outreach+Report+September+2016

I'm surprised that we didn't report many actual bugs directly affecting us.
My guess is that Hibernate actually depends on many other projects
which had to pave the road, in some cases with our help (Maven,
Gradle, Javassist, Lucene, Byteman, JRuby, WildFly, Infinispan,
Narayana... to list a few which have been problematic!).

Some of our features are still disabled when running CI on Java 9. I'd
hope in the next few weeks we could try to re-enable some of them?

Thanks,