[hibernate-dev] ORM and Java 9

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Sep 27 20:15:23 EDT 2016

It seems like Shigeru and team have Javassist Java 9 compatible now.  Per
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JASSIST-261 I have played with the propsed
changes using a SNAPSHOT of that built and pushed by Scott.  Using that
SNAPSHOT, all those tests which used to fail due to Javassist now pass.

We do still have some failures under Java 9 which are now all attributable
to the version of WildFly we use for some Arquillian-based testing not
being Java 9 compatible.  But WildFly is now Java 9 compatible from what I
understand.  Anyone know if there is a WildFly 10 release yet that is Java
9 compatible?