[hibernate-dev] Contributions - changes "CLA" process

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Aug 9 08:50:20 EDT 2017

I agree.  The whole signed-off thing just sounded
just-a-little-less-annoying than signing a CLA.  And it misses covering
non-PR contributions - we (committer) could do the signed-off as we apply
the patch, but that defeats the whole intent.

So yes, I was glad that Richard saw this the same way.

BTW.. can't remember if I mentioned it, but I also worked on README.md[1]
and the ORM contributing website page[2].  For whatever reason the
README.md is rendering goofy now - if anyone has ideas why, would love to
hear how to fix it.  It uses asciidoc(tor) syntax as part of a markdown
file so not sure how GitHub ever rendered that properly before.

[1] https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/blob/master/README.md
[2] http://hibernate.org/orm/contribute/