[hibernate-dev] [ORM] About making delegating implementations abstract

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 11:24:47 EDT 2017

Hi,

While updating OGM to use ORM 5.2, I found out that the delegating
implementations of a few classes are missing methods:
- AbstractDelegatingSessionBuilder
- AbstractDelegatingSessionFactoryBuilder

It stayed unnoticed because the classes are abstract so they don't complain
about missing methods.

Not sure what to do about this. At least one implementation of this sort of
things is not abstract
- SessionDelegatorBaseImpl - and, apparently, it allowed to detect missing
methods.

1/ Should we make all these classes not abstract even if their names make
it clear they should be?

2/ Another way to track it would be to have implementations of these
abstract classes in the tests. Even unused, it would break the build and
warn about this issue.

I'm more in favor of 2/ but I thought I might as well ask.

(I am preparing a PR to update these classes and also fix the hierarchy by
introducing a type parameter where required)

--
Guillaume