[hibernate-dev] DTO Projection support for native queries?

Arnold Gálovics galovicsarnold at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 10:09:35 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm particularly interested in the usecase when you want to have a DTO
projection from a native query. Currently as far as I know this is not
supported through the JPA API.

If I say entityManager.createNativeQuery("...", SomeDTO.class) Hibernate
says SomeDTO is not an entity, at least that's what I remember.

Now I implemented the support for the Tuple type for native queries, so
implementing the support for DTO projections shouldn't be an issue.

Is there any reason why this is not supported yet?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Arnold