[hibernate-dev] Deprecated methods of NativeQuery via SQLQuery

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 10:59:41 EDT 2017

Hi,

In OGM tests, we have a lot of warnings on this sort of constructs:
NativeQuery query = session.createNativeQuery( nativeQuery ).addEntity(
OscarWildePoem.class );
because addEntity() comes from SQLQuery and SQLQuery is deprecated.

I don't think it's a good thing for our users as they have a warning and
they can't really do anything about it.

I have a vague rememberance of a  discussion about it a few months ago but
I don't remember the outcome of it.

Shouldn't we copy all the non deprecated methods of SQLQuery to NativeQuery
so that our users don't get a warning?

Or maybe I missed something?

Thanks!

--