[hibernate-dev] HHH-9440 - full instantiation of composites

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Dec 18 16:12:57 EST 2017

OK then...

HHH-9440 is requesting to allow full instantiation of a composite (i.e.
treat its state as final).  E.g.:

@Embeddable
class Name {
    private final String first;
    private final String last;

    public Name(String first, String last) {
    }
}

I wanted to see what everyone thought of this.  Personally I am fine with
this, provided:

   1. We limit this to composites.  The original request wanted entities as
   well, which I completely disagree with
   2. Limit this such that none of the composite's state can be lazy if
   using this feature.  It *can* have lazy associations because that still
   injects a reference for that attribute

Thoughts?