[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Commons project

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Wed Feb 8 05:01:09 EST 2017

> On 7 Feb 2017, at 12:03, Guillaume Smet <guillaume.smet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org <mailto:emmanuel at hibernate.org>> wrote:
> On the license, I think ASL 2.0 is the best for such project.
>
> As we discussed it in Lisbon, we might "copy" (using Maven) sources from an internal utility project to the NoORM projects, as we want to avoid dependency hell with different versions of the utilities. In this case, they might be included in the source jar. Thus, I think the best is to dual license everything from the start.
>
> I'll go do that.

For your info, having ASL licensed files side by side LGPL code is fine. Just make sure that each ASL file retains their copyright and license headers. The Apache Software Foundation has stricter rules for its projects consuming other licenses than what the license text says. But dual licensing works.