[hibernate-dev] DB2 cross joins

Gail Badner gbadner at redhat.com
Thu Feb 16 02:16:23 EST 2017

HHH-11487 can be fixed by using changing DB2Dialect#getCrossJoinSeparator
to return " cross join ".

DB2 9.1 did not support CROSS JOIN, but DB2 9.5 and later do support CROSS
JOIN. I see that DB2 9.1 is no longer supported as of April 30, 2015.

It's tempting to just update DB2Dialect, but I suspect that would break
existing applications still using DB2 9.1.

I'm considering adding a new dialect DB295Dialect that extends DB2Dialect
and overrides DB2Dialect#getCrossJoinSeparator to return "cross join".

WDYT?

Regards,
Gail