[hibernate-dev] Can someone confirm if DB2 9.5 supports "cross join"?

Gail Badner gbadner at redhat.com
Thu Feb 16 18:18:29 EST 2017

I created HHH-11499 to create a new dialect for DB2 to use "cross join"
syntax instead of "," (as is currently done in DB2Dialect).

Although DB2 9.1 reached its end of life April 30, 2015, some applications
may still be using that version, so I will create a new DB2 dialect that
extends DB2Dialect and overrides getCrossJoinSeparator() to return " cross
join ".

The question is what to call the new dialect.

According to DB2 9.5 and 9.7 documentation, "cross join" syntax is
supported in those versions. I am able to confirm this on 9.7, but I do not
have access to DB2 9.5 to try it out.

If someone can confirm this will work on DB2 9.5 by the time Hibernate
5.2.9 is released, then I'll name the new dialect DB295Dialect; otherwise,
I'll name it DB297Dialect.

Thanks!

Gail