[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Extras module

Arnold Gálovics galovicsarnold at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 12:48:08 EDT 2017

Hi Vlad,

"any other features that cannot be added into the hibernate-core because they
are DB-specific."
Aren't Dialects in Hibernate DB specific? Why is there a reason not to
support some DB specific feature in Hibernate core?

Isn't it possible to have DB specific Hibernate modules? For example
hibernate-core contains the core of Hibernate (as the name suggests) but
everything else DB specific is in a specific module, Dialects, custom
types, etc.

If you could clarify this for me, that would be great as I don't know the
historic reasons. :-)

Thank you guys!

Best,
Arnold