[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Extras module

Arnold Gálovics galovicsarnold at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 14:33:43 EDT 2017

Hi Vlad,

Hmm, so you are thinking about an extra module which contains ALL the DB
specific features.

Let's say I'm an Oracle user and I want some specific stuff but I don't
want to have neither the PgObject nor the Jackson dependency.

What should I do in this case?

Can't we have optional modules which are pluggable to the hibernate-core?
If some DB specific module is on the classpath, use them.

Best,
Arnold