[hibernate-dev] Case Insensitive Comparison for TableNames in Schema Update

andrea boriero andrea at hibernate.org
Fri Jul 7 05:04:34 EDT 2017

Hi Ashudeep,

The changes are part of a series of changes introduced by
https://github.com/dreab8/hibernate-orm/commit/9caca0ce37d5a2763d476c6fa2471addcca710ca

Basically the logic related with the identifier case strategy (upper, lower
or mixed) to use is managed by
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/blob/master/hibernate-core/src/main/java/org/hibernate/engine/jdbc/env/internal/NormalizingIdentifierHelperImpl.java#L190
and
is based on the databass support for upper/lower case identifiers
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/blob/master/hibernate-core/src/main/java/org/hibernate/engine/jdbc/env/spi/IdentifierHelperBuilder.java#L93
.