[hibernate-dev] JPA-SQL

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Wed Jun 14 05:40:44 EDT 2017

Hi,

This might be interesting to some:
https://rapidclipse.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOCEN/JPA-SQL.

It's an external DSL for writing queries which are translated into JPA
Criteria API queries then. There's a dedicated editor for that DSL,
with auto-completion etc. I.e. one should get the feel of writing
JPQL, but in a more comfortable manner (error detection right in the
editor, refactoring support etc.)

I haven't tried it out, but I think it's a nice idea. What's not clear
to me is though why this isn't JPQL proper; that's the "language
specification":
https://rapidclipse.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOCEN/JPA-SQL+Language+Specification.
Perhaps only a sub-set of JPQL can be transformed into equivalent
Criteria API calls?

Cheers,

--Gunnar