[hibernate-dev] HHH-11396 - Timezone handling

Christian Beikov christian.beikov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 07:20:24 EDT 2017

I tried very hard to reproduce this scenario today and came to the
conclusion that what the user does must be very wrong. The test he
posted wrongly assumes that a java.sql.Date object created in one
timezone produces the same LocalDate object when toLocalDate() is
invoked in a different timezone. I'm not sure how that can actually
happen, as I tried various MySQL JDBC configurations and MySQL timezone
configurations but could never get the driver to report something wrong.

I'm going to ask that user about specifics, but for now everything seems
to work as expected.

Sorry for the fuss, this timezone handling really is hard :D

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
*Christian Beikov*