[hibernate-dev] 6.0 - Proposed org.hibernate.mapping changes

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 23 08:19:52 EDT 2017

Having this as an SPI could be useful to Hibernate Search.

For example when we generate queries to efficiently scroll on large
batched of entities while fetching a selection of relations having
some more details on such relations could allow us to suggest better
fetch plans.

That said, I should prototype it first to get a better feeling of the
usefulness, and I'm fine in using implementation details for such
experiments, so I'd be equally happy if you'd want to keep this
semi-private and eventually promote as SPI as needed.

In short, the Search needs can be deferred so I'd base the decision on
the needs of other use cases.