[hibernate-dev] [SEARCH] Master nodes without class definitions

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon May 15 10:08:53 EDT 2017

I chatted about this with Yoann directly; for the sake of others:

true sometimes a ticket is missing when we're discussing milestones
for long-term plans. When we have to break up significant "behind the
scenes" refactorings in smaller steps which can be merged at minimal
risk, which taken as individual tasks don't have much meaning, we
create JIRAs while making progress - as that's when we get a better
idea of what is needed in practice.

In this case it's:
 - https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HSEARCH-1404

It's marked "for version 5.x"; there are many tasks in this cathegory
which are "nice to have" but not blocking any specific release. I just
happen to have been able to finally work on this in the scope of 5.8,
but we'll only merge it if I happen to be able to finish it w/o
changing any public API.

Yoann is right about this needing a separate mechanism to transmit a
schema and configuration to the server: this patch taken individually
doesn't provide much of benefit. It will be useful when combined with
other future tasks, hopefully benefiting from lessons learned while
implementing the Elasticsearch support as it has similar needs.

Thanks,
Sanne