[hibernate-dev] Legacy positional params and JPA "positional" params

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Nov 17 09:44:46 EST 2017

I wont bore everyone with the history here, but long story short is that we
need to start treating JPA "positional" parameters as positional in the
`javax.persistence.Parameter#getPosition` sense.  Even though there is
nothing positional about JPA's positional parameters, this has moved from a
philosophical discussion to a practical one as the JPA 2.2 TCK is testing
this, whereas older ones did not

To do that however, we need to drop our older positional parameter
support.  That feature has been deprecated for quite some time now.  Unless
there are objections, I will plan on dropping that in 5.3