[hibernate-dev] JPA Compliance

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Nov 27 16:29:07 EST 2017

So then how about the following:

   1. Add a multi-valued setting to define various categories of JPA
   compliance.  E.g. `hibernate.jpa.compliance` with multi-selectable values
   such as:
   1. query (strict jpql compliance)
      2. txn (transaction handling per spec)
      3. close (multiple calls to EMF and EM #close methods)
      4. list (no bags)
      5. others?
      6. all (there should be some form of specifying all)
   2. Add @Bag as an explicit declaration of a bag, even if
   `hibernate.jpa.compliance=list` is specified - that setting just controls
   how List with no @OrderColumn is interpreted.  I vote to delay adding that
   until 6.0
   3. Retain current behavior for "double close" calls unless "close"
   compliance has been specified.
   4. Keep current behavior unless "txn" compliance has been specified