[hibernate-dev] Question..

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Oct 17 11:04:57 EDT 2017

My one concern with doing this in 5.x is that we'd almost certainly change
the signature of EmptyCompositeStrategy as we transition to 6.  6.0 has a
real encapsulation of the embeddable in addition to the embedded.  5.x only
really keeps the embedded (CompositeType).

Anotger aspect that we have not decided is whether this empty-creation
applies to the embeddable or the embedded.  The checks would all be
embeddable specific  - the state initialization is part of the embeddable
(the Class) so it would not change between embedded usages. We would have
to decide if it makes sense to allow different empty-creation decisions for
each embedded usage of that embeddable.