[hibernate-dev] Programmatic entity mapping API

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Tue Oct 24 05:40:12 EDT 2017

Anyone with thoughts on this? To elaborate, here's what I have in mind:

    EntityMapping mapping = session.addEntityMapping();
    mapping.entity( Person.class )
        .table( "PERSONS" )
        .property( "personId" )
            .id()
                .strategy( Strategy.IDENTITY )
        .property( "phoneNumbers" )
            .oneToMany()
                .mappedBy( "person" )
        .property( "favouriteColor" )
            .converter( ColorConverter.class );

I'm curious whether others think that'd be useful or not.

Vlad, perhaps you have any insights from the field?

Cheers,

--Gunnar