[hibernate-dev] Good behaviour & pull requests

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Sep 13 17:39:06 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I recently sent a pull request containing, among others, a very
specific paragraph of documentation.

This was merged with no other comment than a thank you, and I
appreciate both the speed and thanks.

BUT checking now after the release is done, as I am in need to refer
to this section, I see my paragraph was altered, and it's wrong, or
confusing at best.

That's not fair. It's nice and pragmatic that we all occasionally take
initiative and decide on some flexibility on the PR process, but
please please please let the PR author know when you decide to make
some changes so they get the opportunity to disagree.

Thanks,