[hibernate-dev] Property "ogm.datastore.create_database": fit for purpose?

Davide D'Alto davide at hibernate.org
Wed Sep 27 06:12:42 EDT 2017

> Thanks, but before you jump onto specifics of feasability, do we agree
> that "create_database" as a name is not good for Infinispan ?

Well, we are using infinispan as a database, it's not an ideal name
but it is not so terrible considering
that we are trying to use a single property for all the dialects.

I guess I didn't understand what you are proposing, the issue I linked is about:

1. Use HBM2DDL_AUTO for database and "table" creation
2. Remove create_database

Isn't that what you asked initially?

I'm inclined to have a distinct property for each dialect,  the only
thing that I don't like about it
is that we will have several properties doing the same thing
(basically, create what's missing).