[hibernate-dev] [Search and more] What is new in a give release

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Sep 27 16:59:21 EDT 2017

On 26 September 2017 at 15:36, Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:
> All I wanted initially was to be able to get a description of what each
> series provided so that when I jump from my version to the latest, I can
> see what's going on. Then you guys wanted to expose the matrix of
> compatibilities as e.g. people do consume Search with a given version of
> ORM.
>
> With that being said, here is what I think are the series with value to
> users today:
>
> * Search: 5.8 (latest), 5.6 (ORM 5.0/5.1), maybe whatever the version in
>  WF is
> * Validator: 6.0 (latest), maybe whatever the version in WF is
> * OGM: 5.2 (dev), 5.1 (stable)
> * ORM: 5.2, 5.1, maybe the WF version if it's not 5.1
>
> As a user, I still need to be able to go to a given series page to
> understand what was done (see my initial use case). But they can be in a
> older series section in small vs big boxes.

+1 that's my preference

Nothing to change right now, but we'll need to evolve a bit when we'll
want to prune the series being shown in the main area right now.
It starts to get crowded and WF having 5.5 (rather old) I want people
to be able to find details about it yet not "push" the version.

Say we want to prune 5.7 - not being in your above list - people will
still want to be able to find it when upgrading from 5.6 -> 5.8

Thanks,
Sanne