[hibernate-dev] [Search and more] What is new in a give release

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Sep 28 09:00:26 EDT 2017

On 28 September 2017 at 13:30, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:
> Do y'all really think it makes sense to have JPA versions in this ORM
> "compatibility matrix"?

I think it's useful. Try booting a recent ORM version with an out of
date JPA api jar: you'll get really weird exceptions and it's hard to
figure out what's wrong.

https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1043938

Hopefully in future having a single JPA API distribution (in terms of
Maven coordinates) would make such issues a thing of the past, but
it's going to take a while yet.