[hibernate-dev] New layout for the website

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 09:23:54 EDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:

> Overall the new design looks amazing.  I do agree with Andrea about the
> gold backgrounds - that looks anything but modern and does not match the
> rest of the site design imo.

Frankly, it feels weird without. So if anyone has a proposition, maybe a
different color.

My initial inspiration for this was: http://wildfly-swarm.io/ .

I personally very much like it and fought with Davide about keeping it :).

> For another iteration... "Getting started" is another group of information
> that is version specific.

The initial reasoning for that is that you would probably start with the
latest version if you are going to start a new project/experiment with
Hibernate. Not sure it's worth complicating things for that.

> A minor thing that I can probably change myself somewhere... I very much
> dislike "Your relational databases. Handy."  I'm sure everyone will have an
> opinion like when we discussed "Everything data" refrain.  Some initial
> thoughts (with varying punctuation options):
>

>    1. Your relational data.  Objectively.
>    2. Your relational data - objectively
>    3. Object/Relational Mapping
>    4. All your (relational data)base are belong to us - just for fun :)
>
> Yeah, as explained in my original post, it was just placeholders. Happy to
change it.

I like "Your relational data.  Objectively.". Better than Sanne's proposal
which is not going to age well :).

--
Guillaume