[hibernate-dev] Reducing the memory usage of HQLQueryPlan

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 09:54:24 EDT 2018

Hi,

>From what I can see, the HQLQueryPlan objects are rather big, mostly due to
the sqlAst element of the QueryTranslators.

They can consume a fair amount of memory when you have a lot of HQL queries.

We need at least some of the information collected by the AST but I'm
wondering if we really need to keep all the AST information in memory once
the query has been parsed and the SQL query generated.

The purpose of this email is mostly to know if this element has been
accounted for in 6 development?

I haven't checked if it would be doable to improve the situation without
breaking too much stuff in 5.x.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume