[hibernate-dev] New CI slaves now available!

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Jan 5 08:12:21 EST 2018

On 5 January 2018 at 12:28, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:
> FWIW... I do not know the rules about how these slaves spin up, but in the
> 10+ minutes since I kicked off that job it is still waiting in queue.

When there are no slaves it might take some extra minutes; on top of
that I was manually killing some leftover machines from yesterday's
night experiments, so maybe I bothered it in some way.

Let's keep an eye on it, if it happens regularly we'll see what can be
done. I'll likely want to keep a slave "always on"..

> And there is actually a job (Debezium Deploy Snapshots) in front of it that has
> been waiting over 3.5 hours

That was my fault, thanks for spotting it! (the job was misconfigured,
fixed now).

> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 6:20 AM Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:
>>
>> I went to manually kick off the main ORM job, but saw that you already had
>> - however it had failed with GC/memory problems[1].  I kicked off a new
>> run...

These boxes have 4 core and 8GB RAM heach. We can probably use larger
heaps: I've reconfigured the gradle and Maven environment options to
allow 4GB of heap, and kicked a new ORM build.

Thanks,
Sanne

>> [1] http://ci.hibernate.org/job/hibernate-orm-master-h2-main/951/console
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 4:59 AM Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org>
>> wrote:

>>> No changes *should* be needed. It would help me if you could all
>>> manually trigger the jobs you consider important and highlight
>>> suspucious problems so that we get awareness of regressions in short
>>> time.
>>>
>>> I've already triggered some ~20 jobs last night; saw no problems so
>>> far but haven't tested any release yet, nor website related tasks.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sanne