[hibernate-dev] Serializable SessionFactory

Vlad Mihalcea mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 03:07:46 EST 2018

Yes, out of the JVM. This PR allows the SF to be serialized to a file, so
the next time we bootstrap, we reload the whole SF from the file instead.

There are many unforeseen issues probably related to this PR and it might
hurt maintenance in the long-run.

For this reason, I'm going to leave the PR open as-is, and investigate
whether we can bootstrap faster by avoiding (cacahing) the DB metadata
retrieving the part.

Vlad