[hibernate-dev] replace Pax Exam with Docker

Gunnar Morling gunnar at hibernate.org
Fri Jan 12 03:22:15 EST 2018

Hi Brett,

We also had our fair share of frustration with Pax Exam in HV, and I was
(more than once) at the point of dropping it.

Docker could work, but as you say it's a bit of a heavy dependency, if not
required anyways. Not sure whether I'd like to add this as a prerequisite
for the HV build to be executed. And tests in separate profiles tend to be
"forgotten" in my experience.

One other approach could be to use Arquillian's OSGi support (see
https://github.com/arquillian/arquillian-container-osgi), did you consider
to use that one as an alternative?

Cheers,

--Gunnar