[hibernate-dev] ci.hibernate.org : announcing distributed cache for maven artifacts

Yoann Rodiere yoann at hibernate.org
Mon Jan 15 05:54:20 EST 2018

> We should reconfigure those to not "install" - that's actually a bad
> habit, legacy from Maven 2 times - people nowadays recommend using
> "mvn clean verify", especially on CI environments.

I could not agree more, that would be cleaner, but that's not possible. And
believe me, I tried hard. Last time I checked, some of the plugins we use
with dynamic dependency resolution would ignore the artifacts being built,
and would always fetch the artifacts from the Maven repos (for SNAPSHOTs,
they would end up using nightlies).
I'm not talking about when we use standard maven markup to declare
dependencies, but when the plugin itself has to fetch dependencies
"dynamically", which happens when we setup a WildFly server with our own
modules in particular. See maven-dependency-plugin's "artifactItems"
configuration.

--
Yoann Rodiere
yoann at hibernate.org / yrodiere at redhat.com