[hibernate-dev] HHH-12172 - Bintray v. OSSRH

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Jan 19 08:05:09 EST 2018

I sat down and did some calculations to get a better idea of whether this
is feasible.  5.3.0.Beta1 had a total size of 135M (31M in "maven
artifacts", 104 in release bundles).  At 30G limit, we'd be able to do ~222
releases before we hit that limit (30 / .135 = 222.2222)

So if only ORM is going to move to Bintray, I think the 30G limit is not a
hindrance.  Do we see other projects moving away from publishing to JBoss
Nexus, and if so what publishing repo do y'all plan to use?