[hibernate-dev] 5.3.0 release tomorrow

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 10:22:05 EST 2018

I would say let's go for Beta2. We are not in a hurry considering the
challenges still pending so no need to rush in the CR phase.

On the NoORM side:
- Search - Yoann has prepared a PR with the 5.3 support so we should be OK
on this side. 5.9 will be tagged early next week and we'll release an alpha
of 5.10 for OGM consumption.
- OGM - Davide is going to release OGM 5.2 (still with ORM 5.1) early next
week, then we will merge the ORM 5.2 support that is pending for quite some
time (the PR is ready, just waiting for the 5.2 release) and we will
experiment with the 5.3 support on top of that. I don't expect many issues
as it's not a step as big as 5.1 -> 5.2.

So you can expect some feedback from us in the next 2 weeks.