[hibernate-dev] 5.3 cache issues [Requires Steve]

Vlad Mihalcea mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:51:56 EDT 2018

The short name approach sounds goid and would accommodate any future cache
region implementation changes.

For 5.3, I'd say we allow the old named to be resolved to the new ones,
like symbolic links.

This will allow users to migrate to 5.3 without changing existing
ehcache.xml configs.

We could write a log WARN for 5.3 and stop supporting old region names in
6.x.

Vlad