[hibernate-dev] Javassist version alignment for Hibernate ORM 5.3 + WildFly 14...

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 11:27:48 EDT 2018

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 5:12 PM Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org> wrote:

> No, but there are some tests which are specific to Javassist.

That's what I suspected. Let's run the full test suite with the new version
of Javassist then. I prefer to be on the safe side, especially because I'm
not sure all the bugs in the bytebuddy implementation have been fixed.

Scott, I'll take care of running the tests tomorrow and provide feedback.
Not sure about Java 11 but let's at least check we don't have any
regressions.

To be very clear, while I can run the tests and tell you if they pass or
not, if there are any issues, we will need some extra support to fix them.

I created https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-12781 to track this
effort and tentatively scheduled it for 5.3.3, released on July 19th.

--
Guillaume