[hibernate-dev] Javassist version alignment for Hibernate ORM 5.3 + WildFly 14...

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 07:24:18 EDT 2018

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 10:15 PM Scott Marlow <smarlow at redhat.com> wrote:

> Thanks, I created https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-10683 for the
> WildFly update to Javassist 3.23.1-GA (if your ORM testing passes).

So, the bad news is our Javassist support was completely broken. See
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-12784 for more details.

The good news is that the Javassist upgrade is OK. I also ran the tests
with JDK 11: quite a lot of tests are failing on our part (mostly because
of Mockito but not only: there are a few other issues that we will need to
dig in) but not the ones related to enhancement.

PR is here: https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/pull/2407 .

I also opened an issue to restore Javassist testing, which is something
that had me worried for quite a while:
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-12785 . If someone more familiar
with the build environment and Gradle could take this task as part of his
"one day a week on 5.3" day, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume