[hibernate-dev] [NoORM] A simpler README.md?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Jun 4 08:32:16 EDT 2018

The historical objection has been that many users get the zip of our
project on a floppy disk and have no access to the internet.

That might be an obsolete statement nowadays? They'll use a
USB stick today ;)

Still, we know that e.g. people in China and similar places can't
always access our online resources, even if they "have internet".
University assignments/labs might have similar limitations even in Europe.

I have no strong objections, do it if you feel strongly about this
"inconsistency".

Personally, it hasn't bothered me much to occasionally have to update
the README, and I don't think people will expect that a zip they keep
in a drawer will be the better source of information if they happen to
have access to hibernate.org

Cheers,
Sanne