[hibernate-dev] NoORM - Improve consistency of our pom files with JBoss parent and WildFly parent

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 06:37:34 EST 2018

Hi,

So, I started the effort of making our version properties consistent with
JBoss parent/WildFly parent with Search but the idea is to generalize this
to all our NoORM projects and be as consistent as possible between the
projects.

The idea is to, as much as possible, use the exact same notation as the
other JBoss projects when declaring the version properties of our
dependencies

You can see what it implies in this diff:
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-search/pull/1639/files#diff-600376dffeb79835ede4a0b285078036R184

So, from now on, when you need to add new dependencies in Search:
- check if JBoss parent or WildFly parent already contains this dependency,
if so use the exact same property name
- if not, use <version.full.package.name> if it is descriptive and
discriminating enough
- if the package name is used for several artifacts or is not descriptive
enough, use <version.full.package.name.artifact-id>

My plan is to be done with OGM in 2 weeks and do it for HV 6.1 as I don't
want to do it in a micro.

So please avoid big pom refactorings in OGM for the next 2 weeks.
Dependency upgrades are OK, I'll merge them along the way.

Thanks!

--
Guillaume