[hibernate-dev] Proxying the Session: a requirement ?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Mar 13 07:50:06 EDT 2018

On 9 March 2018 at 13:42, Guillaume Smet <guillaume.smet at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 2:14 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Steve; anybody knows about Spring et al possibly using AOP on
>> the native Session ?
>>
>> Yes I'm working on the "thread-based current-session stuff" but that's
>> massive, might be days of just coding; hoping it won't be a pointless
>> exercise.
>

> No idea but we should really check that with at least the Spring folks
> before investing so much time in it.
>
> Gaining compatibility by breaking an implicit contract we had before might
> not be our best move.

Sorry, forgot to send my reply.. but yes I absolutely agree, I'm
concerned about this change. I'm trying to reach out / test at least
with Spring and Grails as a starting point.

In the meantime I've been working on some improvements within ORM with
our proxies, those improvements won't hurt anyway.

Thanks,