[hibernate-dev] [HV] Retiring HibernateValidatorContext#parameterNameProvider()

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 08:24:29 EDT 2018

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 1:06 PM, Gunnar Morling <gunnar at hibernate.org>
wrote:

> This is a spec-level API, defined in ValidatorContext:
>
>     https://github.com/beanvalidation/beanvalidation-
> api/blob/master/src/main/java/javax/validation/ValidatorContext.java#L77
>
> So unless we change the rules (there might be some leeway now when
> formalizing compat rules for Jakarta EE), we cannot really deprecate this
> feature.

Raaah, totally missed it at a quick glance as it's overridden in
HibernateValidatorContext for chaining.

@Emmanuel unfortunately we would still need to keep the Executable handy in
case the parameter name provider is overridden at some point. The idea was
to completely get rid of it.

Maybe we could have some gain by avoiding the parameter name generation in
most cases but I'm not sure it's worth making the code less readable.

Let's forget about it.

--
Guillaume