[hibernate-dev] Problem with releasing 5.1.13.Final

Gail Badner gbadner at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 00:20:40 EDT 2018

I am able to build the documentation using Andrea's suggestion and now I'm
struggling with gradle.

I released the staging repository on nexus last night to make a deadline.

I also updated the version in build.gradle to 5.1.14-SNAPSHOT, which was
probably a mistake.

Today I went back to build the distributions. The problem is that after
setting the version back to 5.1.13.Final in build.gradle, gradle
automatically recompiles and rebuilds the jars.

That is (obviously) a problem because they won't be the same as what was
uploaded to nexus.

I've been trying some things out on a copy of the directory so I still have
the original jars intact.

I've tried --no-rebuild, but it doesn't seem to work.

Worst case, I suppose I can re-release as 5.1.14.Final on Wednesday, but I
really don't want to do that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Gail