[hibernate-dev] Depending on JAXB / JDK11 compatibility

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed May 2 17:30:06 EDT 2018

On 2 May 2018 at 21:38, Marko Bekhta <marko.prykladna at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why not move to Stax as we've done in HV? It'll be more consistent this way.

+1
that would be my preference, but it's longer term.

It will require quite some more work - especially for Hibernate ORM.

For now I'm wondering if we can be more helpful with the current
versions, especially 5.3 which is about to be released. At very least
I'd like to document the needs but I'm not entirely sure myself if we
should list specific versions (and which ones), it all seems to vary
on the JDK being used.

Thanks,
Sanne