[hibernate-dev] [ORM] Releasing 5.2.18?

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 10:53:01 EST 2018

Hi,

So, I was thinking (again) about releasing a 5.2.18.

https://hibernate.atlassian.net/projects/HHH/versions/31663/tab/release-report-todo
says:

- we have 4 issues about adding stuff to the migration notes. Gail, do you
still think it's useful? Maybe for people going from 5.1 to 5.3? How much
work would it be? E.g. if it's a 2 hours effort, it sounds like a good
investment but if it's a 2 days effort, not so much.

- This issue is bugging me a bit
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-12251 as it's a regression
introduced in 5.2.13. Would somebody have time to take a look at it (once
the 5.4.0 related tasks are done)? AFAIK, Vlad already put a test case
together. If not, I suppose we would just move it to 5.4-backlog and
consider it for 5.4. (Or release another 5.2.x later if the fix is
backportable).

- https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-12276 - This one was already
present in 5.0 so it's low priority for me. I would vote for keeping it for
later.

Thanks for the feedback.

--
Guillaume