[hibernate-dev] Should the LocalTimeType use the globally configured TimeZone?

Vlad Mihalcea mihalcea.vlad at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 01:11:22 EDT 2018

Hi,
While reviewing this Jira issue:

https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-12988

and further discussing it via Twitter, I wonder if we should persist
LocalTime as-is without any TimeZone transformation
that may be done if we enable `hibernate.jdbc.time_zone`?

According to the Date/Time API, LocalTime should not be relative to any
TimeZone.

If we make this change, it means we need to use a LocalTime SQL descriptor
that ignores the jdbc.time_zone property,
and the change is going to break compatibility as well.

Vlad